Diagnoses problems and performs complex and/or major mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs on company assets including fracturing units, coil tubing units, pumping units, and other oil field equipment. Preforms work in both shop and filed environments.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses all problems with equipment.
- Identifies and orders part necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Performs all necessary preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with established guidelines and schedules.
- Performs complex repairs on equipment. Replaces parts and equipment as necessary.
- Assists Mechanic team in completing work assignments as necessary.
- Works closely with Senior Operators and Operations Supervisor on preparatory work on upcoming operations.
- Schedules, performs and follows-up on preventative and post-job maintenance on all tools, equipment and units within the division.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision all tools, units & equipment relevant to efficient job execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of fluid pumps, nitrogen unit operations, and coiled tubing unit operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Familiarity with portable diagnostic tools.
- Technical certification in automotive, lift truck, heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repair.
- Basic Computer navigation and utilization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Class A CDL Driver's License preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit; taste or smell.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); works in high, precarious places; exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold (non-weather); risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibrations.
- Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
Viking Coil Tubing strives to be the safest, most efficient coiled tubing, pressure pumping and thru tubing service provider in the United States. Our Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) practices, and operations experience have uniquely positioned us to achieve this goal. We stand behind our services and customers and will retain our principle values of honesty, integrity, and reliability.