Coil Tubing Operator
Job Description: Coil Tubing Equipment Operator
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operates Coil Tubing units and associated equipment without supervision.
Must have developed necessary skills within the service line and grasp a general understanding of other service functions.
- Must be fully trained in operating all associated pressure control equipment (Fluid Pump, Nitrogen equipment).
- Conducts the pre-job and post-job inspections and testing of the coiled tubing units by completing pre and post job inspection forms.
- Conducts the maintenance and general upkeep of the coiled tubing units and related equipment.
- Knowledge of coiled tubing unit operations, including but not limited to correctly connecting hydraulic hoses, equipment startup, engaging of prime mover and hydraulic pumps. A demonstrated knowledge of the function and location of all coil tubing unit operating controls.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year of experience in coil tubing operations with full capability and understanding of general coil tubing operations.
Knowledge of coil tubing equipment, fluid pumps, and nitrogen unit operations.
Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
Exhibit in-depth knowledge and familiarity with the operational procedures.
Capable of operating with minimal supervision all tools, units & equipment relevant to efficient job execution (wash, purging, pumping, cleaning etc.)
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test
Able to pass an MVR and criminal background check
Able to communicate both verbally and written in English
Knowledge of DOT regulations
Clean driving history
Must possess a valid Class A CDL Driver's License
Must possess or training will be provided for:
a) Basic Well Control Certification.
b) Training in pumping and related operations.
c) Training in basic Coiled Tubing / Nitrogen equipment including hydraulic / pneumatic training and Pumping applications.
d) Pumping monitoring and associated software training.
e) Field testing procedures/techniques and related jobs